Andela exists to connect brilliance & opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers & accelerating the future of work for both technologists & organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, & education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business innovation & growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting & transformative growth opportunities for all & doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
Andelas Product Team is at the intersection of people, process, & technology. Were building a next-generation platform that facilitates the connection between the global talent workforce (brilliance) & some of the best companies in the world (opportunity). We are a small team, rapidly expanding & passionate about making an impact.
In this role, you will own the end to end user experience for Talent . You will lead a team of product managers, engineers, & designers to define, build, & launch mission-critical initiatives that have a direct impact on the lives of our talent. Were looking for an experienced product manager who will use research & data to define strategy for a category of products, & who is at the same time a world-class executor. We need problem solvers, creative thinkers, & people who arent afraid to get their hands dirty.
If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company & you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.
- Own & define the Talent Experience product strategy.
- Define, scope, & prioritize Andelas Talent Product roadmap; you will own an entire product category.
- Own & lead all aspects of an established agile team: writing user stories & acceptance criteria, backlog grooming, triage & prioritization, demos, end to end product execution, cross-functional leadership.
- Communicate product direction, progress, delivery, launch, & mitigation plans to all relevant team members & business stakeholders.
- Establish & maintain credibility throughout the company, & with our users.
- Conduct user research & data analysis to assess opportunities, risks, & business plans.
- Set adoption targets & continuously analyze data to assess the success of a product & inform product direction.
In the first week:
- Onboard & integrate into Andela.
- Learn about Andelas existing product suite.
- Become acquainted with your area of focus, peers, stakeholders, & your product goals.
In the first month:
- Understand the Talent Experience product strategy & work to take ownership.
- Develop & prioritize your high level roadmap.
- Form relationships with your business stakeholders & start understanding talent personas.
- Take over all current initiatives in your scope.
In the first three months:
- Fully own the product strategy, working with other team members to complete research & prioritization for the next major release.
- Ship features that deliver high business value.
- Fully embed yourself in your engineering team & take ownership of all product management activities.
- Monitor the success & adoption of any product features shipped against company goals.
- Run stakeholder meetings/initiatives to evangelize & push adoption of the product roadmap.
- Establish yourself as a well known, key player within the product team & within Andela.
In the first six months:
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering against company & product goals.
- Mentor junior product team members.
- Consistently re-evaluate the roadmap & backlog to seamlessly respond to changing market & business priorities.
- Work with engineering to continuously improve development processes & practices within your team.
- Contribute to the development of the product management team by introducing new ideas/initiatives & pushing for the maturation of existing processes.
In the first year:
- Define your categorys product strategy & plan for expansion.
- Deliver, deliver, deliver! You are a trusted & highly valued Andelan & our team relies on you to consistently ship high quality products that our users love.
- Continuously strive to scale & improve the team, meeting the growing needs of the business & our users.
- Discover new product opportunities & actively contribute to the overall Andela product direction.
- 5+ years of product management experience at a software company, marketplace or B2B SaaS preferred. 7+ years overall work experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, but not a dealbreaker.
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease.
- Technical fluency; you dont have to be an engineer, but you do need to speak the language.
- Ability to build wireframes & mockups, with a knack for keeping things simple.
- Strong understanding of how to truly propose & build a lean MVP & scope out further milestones for a product or feature.
- Detail oriented & a high bar for quality when it comes to writing stories, acceptance criteria, launch plans, & testing a feature before greenlighting its to launch to users.
- Strong project management with the ability to identify & communicate blockers, next steps, & progress.
- Strong analytical skills & fluency with data, with the ability to use a variety of tools to gather & synthesize information (experience with Google Analytics, BigQuery, Looker a major plus).
- Excellent written & verbal communication with a tendency to over-document & over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble & willing to learn/grow. We need confident & capable PMs who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair & competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Unlimited paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours