Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 18,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As the Associate on the Business Operations & Strategy team, youll work as part of a resourceful, solutions-oriented team in a fast-paced environment to solve Compass business challenges to help our organization scale. In this role, you will be tasked with owning key project worksteps, defining & implementing operational processes, & supporting administrative requirements of the team. Current projects of focus span People & Culture, Finance & Accounting, & Product & Engineering.
- As a candidate, you have experience working with & presenting to senior leaders, have impeccable follow-through, & have exceptional verbal & written communication skills. Focused, energetic & driven, you are hungry to achieve your professional goals while supporting your team to drive to Compass business success.
- Being organized & having meticulous attention to detail is what you do best - you must be able to pivot between competing priorities & constantly think of ways to streamline the workflow & improve the efficiencies of the team.
- Technologically savvy, you have a strong creative eye, with the ability to partner on the creation of decks to present strategic recommendations to our executive team.
In this role you will:
- Partner with team members on strategy, execution, & reporting of key workstreams
- Work with key stakeholders on projects to define & build requirements, timelines, outcomes, & key deliverables
- Define best practices in each project area to implement operational improvements & structure an efficient workflow
- Maintain & manage team drives, calendars, meetings, & timelines
- Manage external requests & relationships serving as an internal & external representative of the Business Operations team
- Work closely & effectively with the team lead to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments & responsibilities & follow up as necessary
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, as needed
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelors Degree required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience, preferable in operations and/or project/program management
- Experience working cross-functionally supporting multiple teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience collaborating with internal teams & third-party providers
- Strong analytical, problem-solving & decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail & project management capabilities
- Ability to multi-task & handle several deadlines simultaneously
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong dispute resolution & mediation skills to handle issue escalation
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.