About the role:
This is a Senior Level role reporting directly to the Senior Director of Communications.
Working as part of the global communications team, Shutterstocks Communications Manager will develop & execute communications strategies in support of Shutterstocks business objectives. They will be responsible for finding & generating newsworthy stories, as well as developing media materials, pitching reporters & helping develop Shutterstocks brand presence. They will have strong media relationships across business, tech, creative & advertising outlets & will have a proven success record in securing compelling media coverage. The Communications Manager will be both a strategic thinker & a doer. They will be creatively inclined with an eye for engaging visual content. They will collaborate with the internal communications, product marketing, content marketing & social media teams to coordinate announcements, product launches & brand initiatives. They will also be responsible for protecting Shutterstocks brand reputation & have experience managing crisis communications.
- Identify & develop newsworthy stories to support the communications strategy.
- Proactively create publicity opportunities relating to industry trends, business & tech news, advancing the creative community, partnerships & executive visibility.
- Actively pitch reporters & cultivate media relationships with key journalists.
- Research & prepare press materials including briefing documents, press releases, media alerts, pitches, communications plans, award submissions, speaking proposals & media lists.
- Pursue reporter queries, in a timely manner.
- Organize media briefings, media training's & manage interviews & speaking engagements.
- Actively track & report company media coverage & social media mentions.
- Monitor competitive media activity & industry news.
- Manage & enhance department processes & procedures.
- Manage international PR agencies, communicating comms priorities & materials & preparing meeting agendas.
- Build out thought leadership programs including bylines, keynote talks & scripts.
- Collaborate with internal comms, events, social & marketing teams on projects, events & partnerships.
- Manage blogger partners & speaking bureau.
- Assist with quarterly earnings & managing communications with business & financial media.
- 7-10+ years of relevant PR & communications experience, both in-house & agency.
- BA degree in a related field marketing, creative, communications or journalism.
- Experience with public speaking, presenting & liaising with executives.
- Extremely detail oriented & thorough.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, project management & creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline & results-driven environment.
- Ability to embrace change & adapt strategies on the fly.
- Must be willing/able to travel 10-20% of the time.
- A self starter with a team player attitude & a sharp intellect.
- Curious & passionate about the creative & technology space & a strong desire to learn & explore new ideas.
- Communications experience with publicly-traded companies
Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 297 million images & more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The companys brands also includeBigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform; Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitterand onFacebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V