Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. We send to more than 145 countries & the number is growing all the time.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, lower-cost money transfers. That means building beautiful products & better services for our customers. Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen.
WorldRemit has grown at an average 50% year on year & is now processing over 1.5bn of remittances on an annualised basis. The company recently went through its Series C financing & raised $40m a show of confidence by the investor community in the growth trajectory of our business. The company currently employees over 650 employees & has a global footprint, with offices in London, US, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
WorldRemits Finance Function
Over the last years the Finance Function has established itself as a key partner to the Business & is central to strategy setting, facilitating growth & driving efficiencies across the organisation. As with any fintech company, we operate in a continually evolving, fast-paced environment, & the Finance team is on the forefront of that. In the last 6 months the team has been restructured to support the ongoing growth trajectory of the business, with the structure expanding the Finance Organisation to over 70 people across 3 locations.
The Finance Leadership team, reporting to Iain Balchin (CFO) are as follows:
James Ansell Head of Corporate Finance & Projects
Justin Bradford Head of Tax
Usha Ganesan Group Financial Controller
Ellen Louw Head of Business Partnering & FP&A
Raj Sahota Head of Treasury
Richard Harris Head of Finance Operations
About the role
The FP&A Assistant Manager will report into the FP&A Lead. This is a newly created position which will be responsible for the WR Global Revenue, Gross Margin, Customer planning & analytics as well as pro-actively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven commercial acumen, problem solving abilities & significant experience in influencing both peers & business teams. Transformation experience & ability to successfully drive change cross-functionally in a fast-paced organization will be beneficial.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a highly analytical & ambitious finance professional to develop new models & insights which will both broaden our product & customer understanding & identify key decisions impacting growth trajectory.
Responsibilities month end tools
- Take ownership of WR Revenue, Gross Margin & Customer Reporting & Planning together with being able to influence the Business to drive decisions that will accelerate growth rates/profitability
- Build strong understanding on the Revenue, Gross Margin & Customer Actuals vs Budget & trends
- Able to design best-in-class process companywide
- Drive continuous optimisation to the Forecast modelling to improve its accuracy level
- Be responsible for the Flash & Board Pack monthly reporting production
- Co-responsible for the Balance Sheet & Cashflow planning
- Co-responsible for the WR Global P&L, including managing R&Os & landing Financial targets (including refreshing the rolling outlook (R&O))
- Work with the Business Partnering & Controllership team to establish a One Finance brand & achieve coordinated communication to the Business
- Build relationships with the senior management team to enable influencing of decisions
- Prepare succinct insight & decision-focused presentations for senior management, including presentations on product & corridor performance, pricing changes impact, cLTV, recommendations, etc.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with & influence both peers & senior management (UK & globally)
- Proven relationship builder & stakeholder manager
- Proven independent thought leader with a pro-active approach & ability to driving change
- Team player attitude & enjoying working collaboratively is a must
- CA, ACA, ACCA, or equivalent with at least 5+ years PQE experience
- Strong FP&A knowledge across process, tools & people covering P&L, cash-flow & balance sheet management in a multi-country, multi-currency environment
- Transformation experience including in blank-sheet-of-paper process, template & tools design through execution (excel & automated)
- Experience in working in multinational organisation & a high growth, dynamic, responsive environment is beneficial
- Demonstrable understanding of the Business & partnering w senior stakeholders level
- Ability to solve problems & think creatively capacity to provide pragmatic solutions & have the drive & leadership to implement ideas through to successful conclusion
- Excellent analytical skills applied to a broad range business & industry issues
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands & appropriately prioritise.
- Attention to detail, being able to understand & provide guidance on detailed data driven models with the ability to condense output into key messages for senior management
- Strong modelling skills, ability to lead team to analyse large volumes of data & provide concise insights of key messages
- Highest standards of accuracy & precision; highly numerate & organized
- Demonstrate ability to roll-up sleeves & work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Providing impartial financial expertise & information to senior management to promote the ongoing growth & development of the business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills