Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our mission in the Channels domain is to help small businesses grow faster & look more professional by reaching their entire audience (channel), delivering a consistent experience across mediums (engage), & understanding the return of every channel (effectiveness).
Our ideal candidate will combine technical understanding with a strong desire to support the Channels domain & the organization with leadership, enthusiasm, & effective collaboration.
What you'll do:
- Manage & scale a high performing diverse team of Engineers located in Atlanta, GA.
- Cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, & feedback. Clearly & effectively communicate across departments, teams, & management tiers.
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, & collaboration among team members. Insure that members of the team feel psychologically safe. Support & encourage those who face challenging situations.
- Build a common mindset by aligning groups of people along shared goals. Recognize team members' desire to do good work, cultivate their intrinsic motivations & strengths, & connect them with the resources they need to be successful. Establish flexible systems for ensuring accountability.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, & encouragement to team members. Effectively acknowledge & reward both individual & team efforts. Support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals & their individual objectives.
- Facilitate open & honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences & diverse perspectives of team members. Coordinate healthy discussions, & work to establish consent when consensus is unattainable.
- Cultivate & solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Put in time & energy to learn to be more effective when coaching, delivering feedback, & developing others, & to understand unfamiliar technologies, tools, & systems.
- Utilize failure as an opportunity to learn & grow. Apply criticism & mistakes as an opportunity to learn without assigning blame or entrenching regret.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about career growth & self-development of engineers.
- You love listening to engineers & help them succeed in their career path.
- You have prior experience as an engineer & leading engineering teams.
- You have a consistent record of running successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures.
- You have the ability to deep-dive into code, fully grasp architecture concerns & communicate with networking, systems & storage teams.
- You have a deep understanding of technologies & best practices to build products.
- You have implemented effective & efficient processes to support a collaborative environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.