BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits & relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant & the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first & offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted & loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Roses Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
Were looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the worlds best digital operations platform for restaurants. This role will be instrumental in building new applications, solving complex problems, & contributing high-quality code. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python & React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
- Manage 2-4 engineers building features, tools, & infrastructure.
- Lead successful development & delivery of team projects & operations
- Mentor direct reports, provide performance feedback & help them develop their careers.
- Collaborate with product, design, & other teams to set the teams roadmap & balance new features with technical debt.
- Partner with engineering leadership to help determine engineering team strategy, tackle team-wide inefficiencies.
- Contribute in a hands-on manner (50%) writing code & reviewing code written by members of the engineering team
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, & values
Skills & Attributes
- 5+ years of experience writing production code
- 3+ years of tech leadership
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Experience writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django Rails or Node along with an ORM.
- A strong understanding of React with Redux
- Hands-on coding experience developing scalable web applications.
- Proficient at project management; can make the right tradeoffs to ship projects on time with high quality.
- Experience mentoring individual contributors of different seniority levels & expertise (frontend/backend).
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter benefits, life insurance)
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development, growth, & support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Stylish SoHo office with fresh snacks, seltzer, cold brew coffee, & a bar
- Delicious catered lunches from BentoBox customers every Friday
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Please share with us why youre interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples youd like to share with us.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute technical phone screen with our VP of Engineering.
- Candidates who pass the exercise will be invited to meet with our CTO, an Engineering Manager & a couple engineers.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.