Lead Designer - Product
MakeSpace is looking for a talented Lead Designer, Product. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a talented Lead Designer to join our Product team to develop a consistent vision & strategy across our product & marketing work. As the Lead Designer, you will grow our design team & develop a consistent vision & strategy while fostering a culture of customer-centricity. You will strive to improve our customers experience while working with cross-functional agile teams to drive design across the entire product development cycle. You'll launch new features & iterate on existing experiences that generate measurable impact.
You can expect to:
- Partner with our VP of Product to improve the customer experience across multiple channels & touchpoints including web & mobile.
- Mentor other designers to help them reach their full potential.
- Work & collaborate daily with PM's, engineers, marketers, customer service & sales managers on day-to-day projects & initiatives & bring them into the design process.
- Lead qualitative research studies to better understand customer needs & behaviors.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas, validating those choices & track performance related to OKRs.
- Experience with design leadership as either a manager or individual contributor.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your end-to-end process.
- A great design sensibility partnered with immense user empathy.
- Design-thinking practices & a service design mindset.
- Experience with designer-lead user research.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management, engineering & marketing to develop & implement effective design practices.
- An appetite for experimentation, learning, & iteration with a data-centric approach to testing ideas.
- A passion for collaboration & a desire to help everyone succeed.
- Strong written communication skills & the ability to defend design decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of design-related tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, etc.
- Generous & flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- A competitive base salary & a 401(k) with matching after 1 year
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with large outdoor spaces for lunch, work, & play
Our company culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. While our culture was built by sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry, we expect you to contribute to our culture to make it even betterand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.