We are looking for a full-time Associate Design Director to join our Interaction Design team in our NYstudio.
At the Associate Director level we are looking for a blend of design excellence, enthusiasm to lead teams, mentor staff & lean in to business development & thought leadership opportunities. He/she will wear many hats, & will always be part of a team - they may be paired with an industrial designer, a strategist, visual designer or any mix of the above. The Associate Director will have the primary responsibility of designing how people interact with the product across industries & client categories.
- Act as Project Lead for digitally focused projects. Depending on program, responsibilities could include user research, competitive research, experience strategy, user interface design,logic & information architecture, storyboarding & storytelling, & clearly presenting your thinking in an engaging way to clients.
- Mentorship of staff defining responsibilities & expectations for report-tos, & project team members, providing project guidance & helping their professional growth.
- Assist with Business Development efforts as needed, acting as the content lead for Interaction Design & developing points of view for pitches or leading internal projects used for Marketing purposes.
NATURALLY, YOU HAVE
- At least 10+years interaction design experience.
- An understanding complex systems & the relationships among people, services, & products.
- Strong concepting & collaboration skills & can share raw ideas or build on others ideas. You dont hold your own concepts more precious that anothers concept.
- Hands-on skills in desigining user experiences for digital services & products, including creating wireframes, user flows, site/app maps, user stories, journey maps, personas, & prototypes.
- Solid knowledge & experience in user-centered design with a focus on digital platforms, applications, & interactions (both screenless & screen).
- An understanding & working knowledge of new technologies, & how they can be folded into meaningful solutions (and programming skills a bonus).
- Proficiency in prototyping tools, including InVision, Principle, & Figma. More advanced prototyping skills using HTML5 & Framer a plus).
- Advanced skills in standard design & office productivity tools:Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, & MS Office.
- Familiarity with physical prototyping tools such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi is a plus.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills & have desire to share what you know.
- Empathy. Great design is based on understanding other people, how they behave, what they care about, what they want to achieve, & how they work.
No third party recruiters please.