As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Account Executive, Visa USA Financial Institution Sales, is responsible for growing our U.S. business with a large & most complex client. This position is responsible for day-to-day tactical management of the account for Visa Products & services generally, & to drive growth opportunities across every line of business within this financial institution (Consumer Credit, Consumer Debit, Small Business Credit & Debit, Commercial Card, etc.). Liaise with other Visa team members to provide operational & technical support across the business. The result of these efforts will be increasing strategic value to the client, growing client & Visa revenue, & strengthening executive relationships through identifying & implementing strategic growth opportunities. The position must work to influence cross-functional internal partners to align on key strategies & resources & will work closely with Visa & client executives to create value for both organizations.
This position is full-time & can be located in Wilmington, DE, Washington D.C, Ashburn, VA, Charlotte, NC or New York, NY. Telecommuting may be considered.
- Responsible for the growth, profitability, performance & operation of all lines of business related to payments for this large & complex Financial Institution client
- Manage the client's payments vision & strategy on Visa products & provide the leadership & focus to drive results; develop strategic relationships with the senior management & all decision makers
- Create & implement innovative solutions that drive the client's strategic priorities
- Expand & complement cross-functional team's skills in sales, product development, project management, business development, marketing & operations
- Manage & maximize the return on all resources applied to the client including sales, product, marketing, technology & operations resources
- Demonstrate leadership in setting payments strategy for the client in association with internal Visa stakeholders & the client executive team
- Key to the success of this role will be his/her ability to liaise with consulting, analytics, innovation, digital product, co-brand, marketing, & more traditional product development in launching new products/services or expanding penetration of existing products/services into the client. He/she must take hands on leadership in this area & ensure the company's products/services are solutions that bring value to & are embraced by the client. Ideally, this position will bring vision & foresight that translate into product/service definition, in advance of the client's recognition of need
- Establish & manage cross-functional support team. Organize this matrixed team as a cohesive entity to pursue a range of business opportunities over the short & long term
- Analyze & carefully monitor on an ongoing basis trends, activities & competitor actions to enable, to develop, & to implement preemptive strategies & plans for the client
Key Selection Criteria
Consultative Selling - Win New Business Opportunities
- Identify, pursue & close new business opportunities that drive incremental revenue
- Increase/maintain Visa's share of client's business by identifying & selling new product, marketing & innovative technology opportunities
Financial Acumen - Shape Financial Results
- Apply financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities & make strategic choices
- Ensure that budget, profitability & earnings targets are based on valid assumptions & appropriate business models
Results Orientation - Drive Organizational Success
- Get results that have a clear, positive direct impact on business performance
- Enthusiastically support the organization & positively influence others to commit to its mission & vision
Strategic Thinking - Shape Strategy
- Identify & integrate organizational strategies to achieve & sustain competitive advantage
- Develop strategic solutions that leverage the core capabilities & competencies of the company
Decision Making - Use Seasoned Judgment
- Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
- Make decisions that optimize organizational performance
Analysis - Drive Systematic Implications
- Clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information
- Recognize key interrelationships & patterns among a variety of problems & issues
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- 10-15 year of business experience with related sales & management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting
- Experience managing consumer credit, cobrand credit, & PIN debit, portfolios (marketing, sales, product development and/or operations), commercial card, & digital solutions
- Strong knowledge of payment products
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing & closing a complex, competitive sales effort
- Proven ability to create strategic solutions (product/business development, marketing, and/or technology solutions) & implement them to drive top line results
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies & operational decisions
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal & external resources & cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements & to enhance existing & develop new business partnerships
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Location:Wilmington, DE, Washington D.C, Ashburn, VA, Charlotte, NC or New York, NY. Telecommuting may be considered.
Work Authorization:Authorization to work in Canada or the USis a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours:Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel:This position requires the incumbent to travel for work.Typical travel would be up to 25% of the time.
Physical Requirements:This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
EEO:Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.