As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director will play a key role on a team of experienced professionals developing & delivering high impact projects for Visa's largest client & partners. Potential engagements could include portfolio management diagnostics, authorization optimization strategies, assessments of digital product & marketing programs, development of new products with implementation roadmaps, & optimizing client customer servicing processes.
We are looking for motivated, analytic individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics & high impact solutions to clients. The incumbent must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients & across the Visa organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with consulting & client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate & manage a pipeline of analytic work
- Develop analytical frameworks, approaches, solutions & data-led strategies that effectively & efficiently address the most impactful opportunities & challenges
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, products, risk, innovation) & across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth & depth of Visa's resources
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data & new modeling techniques
- Providing thought leadership in using data to solve business problems & in arriving at innovative statistical solutions
- Produce insights & analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues & provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the payment P&L
- As a team leader, provide knowledge sharing, coaching & training within the team as well as across functional teams and/or regions in the role as an analytics subject matter expert
We are looking for individuals with exceptional analytics experience preferably along with deep payment or financial sector expertise to provide analysis & strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients, support consulting engagements & develop actionable & scalable insights & solutions through data.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- experience in analytics & management
- Ideal candidate will have payments & consulting experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling & presentation skills
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication & presentation skills, written & verbal & ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial & collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing teams in execution of projects & career mentorship
- Holds self & others accountable for measurable high quality, timely & effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success
- Ability to identify key strategic issues & to generate & deliver creative & innovative solutions to problems & opportunities
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit & debit cards
- Understanding of card issuers' P&L & critical factors in driving profitability
- Ability to influence & negotiate with senior executives
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
EEOC: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.