Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. Our team focuses on hiring Engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on the unique challenges as well as bring fresh ideas to supporting the development of Applications in Mixed Reality.
For this role, you will be working on a small team that will be developing middleware services for enabling content creation on our platform. With a focus on the developer experience, you will be delivering software that will allow developers to create & deploy new experiences on our platform.
You must have strong C/C++ skills & have experience with low-latency operating system development as well as familiarity with middleware service systems for mobile platforms. You must also be prepared to drive ambiguous projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of self-motivation & direction.
- Working with a small team to design, implement, optimize, & debug core OS middleware systems using C and/or C++ for the Lumin Operating System.
- Producing unit, functional, integration, & interoperability tests (automating when possible).
- Writing technical documentation as well as including architecture diagrams & API descriptions.
- Working with application developers & embedded software developers to coordinate feature development.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong C/C++ knowledge & skills.
- Experience with low-latency operating system development & existing middleware services systems for mobile platforms (IPC, Input).
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with Android and/or Android Services, & the Android NDK.
- Experience with Android & GNU Makefiles, ADB, shell scripts.
- Familiarity with existing OS Middleware Services (system policy, input management, etc) are nice-to-have.
BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.