Why join Igloo:
Igloo is a leading provider of digital workplace solutions, helping companies build inspiring digital destinations where employees can access the information, tools, & expertise they need to do their best work, from wherever they are. The Igloo platform provides a seamless work experience that brings together content & conversation for a more productive & engaged workforce.
Why this role is important:
Igloo is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join their Cloud Technology Team. This role will report into the Senior Director of Security & Cloud Technologies & give you the opportunity to work with various different technologies in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be responsible for initiatives involving the evolution of Igloos SaaS cloud infrastructure. Your efforts will help pave Igloos Cloud Technology path forward involving infrastructure-as-code, networking, automation, monitoring, & deployment.
With your experience, you will be able to identify areas of opportunity & efficiency. You will be an advocate of automation & disruptor of manual processes. An understanding & appreciation of Cloud Operations is ingrained in your being. Youre resourceful but also know when to seek support from your team. Collaborating with various teams & comes naturally to you & you have seen successful projects through from initiation to close.
The impact youll have:
- Process Improvement: continuous updates to deployment documentation as processes improve & change.Leverage industry best practices in defining & tuning appropriate on-demand & scalable cloud architectures
- Enablement: Enable cloud infrastructure with consistency & predictability. Treat infrastructure as code (IaC) to enable elasticity, repeatability, & velocity.
- Analytics: Information is key. Create cloud components that generate & consolidate data that enable pro-active & predictive operational insights.
- Cost: Cloud services can be readily consumed, but not free. Adoption of cloud services requires detailed knowledge of the service costs & predicted spend.
Design cloud components such that the costs are understandable & predictable.
- Teamwork: work cross functionally with Engineering, Security, Support & even Marketing at times to deliver projects to specify, design, develop, test, & implement cloud components
- Problem Solve: investigate & troubleshoot cloud component performance.Leverage your experience to find the root cause of defects & work to proactively address them
- Automate: identify areas of opportunity to programmatically automate cloud deployment, administration, & monitoring tasks
- Project Work: communicate & work effectively with internal & external stakeholders during deployment projects.Accurately scope project requirements & delivery timelines
What youll need:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a customer-facing or SaaS organization
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience designing & operating cloud infrastructure & applications within Microsoft Azure
- Experience with cloud IaaS, PaaS, & container orchestration (Kubernetes) services
- Experience with application containerization
- Experience with cloud microservice implementations
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex systems problems that includes capacity planning & performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiatives
- Experience migrating VM-based infrastructure to cloud-native services
- Experience scaling cloud apps including auto-scaling
- Experience with cloud logging & log analytics services
- Strong Experience with PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, Azure Resource Management
- Ability to effectively manage occurrences of multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Self- starter with track record of initiating process improvement & automation
- Strong attention to detail
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with container (e.g. Docker) security implementations
- Experience in cloud networking & segmentation
- C# & web development skills
- MS SQL DB & its automation
- Cosmos DB & its automation
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Windows/CentOS, K8s, IIS, Kafka, Redis, Solr, F5, ELK, Jira, Stash, WAF, APM, SAML, LDAP, OAuth
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee & tea, treats every pay day, & an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, & we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, & youre evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice theres no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software: