Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT & our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, & sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware & software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, & AI to operations across various industries. Samsaras fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, & London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, & Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for smart, ambitious Product Support Engineers to help support Samsaras rapidly-growing Internet of Things solution. Samsara works with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation firms to oil & gas companies & large-scale food producers. Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests & experiences. Were looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product & the company.
In this role, you will:
- Identify & resolve software issues for post-sales customers, traveling onsite as necessary
- Project manage our response to incidents & service disruptions, acting as the single point of contact to ensure stakeholders are in the loop
- Work with internal teams to develop clear & timely customer-facing messaging during critical company incidents
- Participate in post-mortem analyses to identify learnings, root cause, systematic patterns that need attention, improvement opportunities & relevant trends
- Improve upon existing incident response processes to ensure quality & efficiency, including documentation, process steps, tooling, etc
- Work closely with engineering to reproduce bugs & build testbeds as necessary
- Serve as a subject matter expert & educator to our global customer support team
- Champion, role model, & embed Samsaras cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally & across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors degree or higher in a technical discipline such as mechanical, electrical or software engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in technical product support or incident management
- Ability to work flexible hours, on rotation with a multi region team for 24/7 support of incidents
- Executive presence & communication**- you have excellent written & verbal communication skills tailored to a senior leadership audience
- Leadership without authority**- you have the strong project management skills necessary to prioritize, delegate, & drive action across departments
- Operational urgency**- you have hands-on experience delivering business results under tight timelines
- Technical know-how -**youre comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, & working with SaaS systems
- Levelheadedness -**youre confident & calm amidst high pressure situations
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team & ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.