As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend & showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting & managing environments using either virtual machines, containers or bare metal servers, workflow automation tools, graphs & visualizations for relationships/utilization & a whole lot more. As a part ofthis team, you'll create efficient & reusable systems with extensive test coverage & modern technologies. You'll also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces & ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product & technological decisions.
- Work independently, driving projects end to end & provide guidance to junior developers
- Develop scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications using Java/Spring
- Build tools to automate our deployment pipelines
- Build tools to report on status of operations & performance
- Build automated tests & enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development & code reviews
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements & refinements to standards, best practices & development methodologies.
- Create documentation & procedures for development, deployment & maintenance
- Basic Qualifications
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Preferred Qualifications
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters)
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience of building REST based web services & web applications using Java & Spring framework
- Experience writing unit & integration test cases
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design & programming concepts
- Experience of building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation/PaaS/Continuous Delivery
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux & Windows
- Process oriented with strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Work independently, driving projects end to end & provide guidance to Junior developers
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements & refinements to standards, best practices
- Collaborate & talk through your architecture & delivery decisions
- Tackle the tough design & product problems
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.