Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Risk Consulting Manager serves as key partner on VISA consulting Risk Management engagements. The position is fundamental to further develop & scale the Risk practice within Visa Consulting & Analytics MENA. The core focus of this role will be:
1) Executing & delivering on engagements
2) Developing intellectual capital & best practices in the areas of credit, payments & fraud risk management.
3) Supporting in business development activities
Support & execute delivery of Risk Consulting engagements for VISA MENA clients. Primarily focus of engagement will be areas of fraud & authorization risk, credit risk, as well as acquiring risk. The incumbent will be responsible for project delivery & execution. Consulting engagements include both bespoke (e.g., end-to-end risk management reviews) & risk-related solution-driven projects (leveraging network & client data) for both issuers & acquirers. As part of project delivery, the incumbent will have to also collaborate with peers in other functional areas (e.g. analytics, product, client support services & innovation) & across global/regional teams
- The incumbent will provide domain expertise, acting as the quality partner in project development & delivery through: analysis of client's data & performance, review of policies, processes & practices, identification of insights, development of project deliverables, project management & library creation. The incumbent will have significant hands-on experience in implementing risk best practices for both issuers & acquirers, leveraging client & network data, across all relevant payment products & channels.
- Although the focus of the role is on project management & delivery, the incumbent will also support in all business development activities, including sourcing of deals, roadshows, pitches, & development of proposals
- Expertise of risk management in the domains of fraud risk, credit risk, operational risk.
- Understanding of critical factors in driving profitability & growth for Visa's issuer.
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor.
- Strong problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting client ROI.
- Highly motivated & ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy & demanding team-oriented environment (both with clients & within the organization)
- Good communication & presentation skills, both written & verbal.
- Demonstrated collaboration capabilities.
- Self-driven & result oriented individual. Able to independently execute on assigned tasks, with the ability to handle numerous projects
- Passion for committed execution & continuous learning.
- Minimum of 5+ years Retail banking & / or consulting experience in financial services - ideal candidate should have spent time in Risk Management.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Powerpoint & Excel, with the ability to synthesize data, extract key insights & develop executive presentations
- Versed in analytics &analytic tools
- Experience in defining & implementing comprehensive risk analytic frameworks. Model risk & compliance management processes aligned with regulatory constraints. Comfortable working on ambiguous problems with incomplete data.
- Bachelor's degree in Economic, statistics or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of risk management systems, including decision engines, fraud mitigation tools & scoring methodologies.
- Previous experience of large scale transactional services ideally processing payments.
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with inter-disciplinary groups.
- Able to travel frequently & work on client site for extended periods across MENA.
- Fluency in English mandatory. Arabic desired but not a prerequisite.
Frequent travel across MENA is expected.