Here at 1stdibs one of our core values is Say It With Data & we are looking for an exceptional Senior Analyst - Business Intelligence to join our Business Intelligence team. Our Google Analytics implementation is a complex & exciting challenge to take on. Our core business has aligned itself around Google Analytics segmentation & the success of these teams come from the strength of our Google Analytics implementation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn & develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages web analytics to drive decisions. To succeed, you will have an intimate familiarity with Google Analytics & you will be an expert in translating new product features into tracking requirements. You will develop & refine your business acumen by constantly balancing the needs of technical implementation, feature optimization & analytical measurement.
This is an exciting role with lots of room for development as we havent yet reached our full potential with Google Analytics. This role & the wider Business Intelligence team is the mechanism for how we Say It With Data within our company & as such, this is a high visibility & high impact position, with regular exposure to top management
What youll do
- Take ownership over tagging, implementation & reporting of Google Analytics
- Develop best practices for ongoing application of tag management solutions
- Work closely with various cross-functional stakeholders such as ecommerce, performance marketing, content, technology, product & advertising to capture the data needed to drive business decisions.
- Validate accuracy & completeness of data captured, & maintain technical documentation
- Partner with Analytics team to ensure captured data meet the reporting/dashboarding requirements
- Review data trends post-implementation to confirm accuracy & identify anomalies
- Assist Analytics in automating reporting & data requests
What you'll bring
- B.A. in computer science, business analytics or a quantitative field
- 2-5 years of experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, tracking data etc
- Ability to translate & document business requirements into site tracking & reporting guidelines
- Ability to identify | interpret trends & anomalies in data & troubleshoot accordingly
- Ability to think critically about problems to identify root cause
- Strong organizational skills | attention to detail & capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with debugging tools such as Chrome Debugger, Fiddler, HTTPWatch, etc.
- Experience with querying languages (SQL) & some flavor of database (relational or otherwise)
- Experience with version control (Github)
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.