Are you looking for meaning & creativity in your career? Aegis Living is leading the industry in quality care for seniors, & we are looking for a Life Enrichment Specialist with a background in MUSIC! Music Therapy is proven to improve independence, offer choice, & reduce depression in seniors. At Aegis, we believe that life does not end when entering assisted living. We provide around 13 hours of activities & programming for our residents in memory care PER DAY! Come join our talented team & make an impact on the lives of the residents we serve!
Aegis of Issaquah is located in the heart of Issaquah near Gilman Village behind Target. The address is 780 NW Juniper St, 98027.
This position is part time & some weekends hours are required.
Your contributions to the team may include:
- Assist in creating innovative music classes, projects, & other activities
- Engage & encourage residents to participate in music programs
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relationships & practice effective team behavior
- Communicate effectively in the presence of large groups
- Manage resources & time effectively
- Build rapport with residents & family members
What youll need to rock this job:
- Positive attitude & team orientation
- Experience working with seniors in assisted living, adult day care, or a related field
- Experience in program implementation
- Certification in Music Therapy preferred
- Experience teaching music & the use of different instruments
Other cool stuff you might want to know:
- BENEFITS: We are committed to Making Lives Better not only for our residents, but for our employees & their families as well. We know that our employees are the foundation for our success, so a competitive benefits package is just one way that we say thank you for the love & compassion that they show our residents every day. In addition to medical, dental, vacation/holiday/sick leave & 401K options; Aegis Living offers tuition assistance, a home mortgage discount program, & appreciation days. Appreciation days are time that an employee earns through tenure; these days off are in appreciation for all of the wonderful things that our employees do. Please feel free to ask for a benefits summary as part of your interview process.
- CAREER PATH: Opportunities abound here at Aegis! One of our Care Managers is now a two time winning "General Manager of the Year!" The sky's the limit at Aegis!
- PLUS! We have aFUN COMMITTEEat each of our communities to nurture & foster FUN at work, AND we havelotsof "Aegis Extras" that include things like discounts to products & services you might enjoy. Were always coming up with fun new ways to reward our employees. Do a web search for Aegis Employee Lottery for one of many examples! This truly is a great place to work!
Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, & why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This is a really special company.