As a global leader in brand consulting & design, Landor helps clients create agile brands that thrive in todays dynamic, disruptive marketplace. Our work enables top brandsfrom Barclays to BMW & Tide to Tajto stand for something while never standing still.
Landors branding services include strategy & positioning, identity & design, brand architecture, prototyping, innovation, naming & verbal identity, research & analytics, environments & experiences, engagement & activation, & interactive & media design.
Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design, & consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Today, Landor has 27 offices in 21 countries, working with a broad spectrum of world-famous brands. Clients include Barclays, Bayer, BMW, BP, FedEx, GE, Intuit, Kraft Foods, Pernod Ricard, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, & Taj Group.
Landor is a member of the Young & Rubicam Group within WPP, the world's largest marketing & communications firm. For more information, please visit Landor.com & follow Landor on Facebook & Twitter.
The Junior Financial Analyst will act as a liaison between Client Services (Project Management) & the financial system, Maconomy, to ensure timely & accurate entry of client billings & project information. The Junior Financial Analyst will collaborate on various financial analysis & reporting of financial data as well as ad-hoc projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
Billing & Accounts Receivable
- Partner with Client Services to ensure that client invoices are accurate & produced in a timely manner.
- Review all billing requests & draft invoices, where necessary making corrections.
- Maintain client specific billing information & billing requests.
- Monitor AR Collection - pursue timely collection with continuous client follow ups & escalate collections issues as necessary.
Project Creation & Maintenance
- Accurately enter new project information into accounting system.
- Adjust client-billing information as requested by Client Services.
- Investigate queries regarding system errors & make corrections or notify Financial Analyst.
- Coordinate the transfer of incorrectly coded expenses & time allocations to the correct project.
- Review & verify that project requests are accurate, complete, & meet system requirements.
- Advise relevant people of the proper procedures for requesting & creating new projects.
Internal Client Relationships
- Research system-related discrepancies & make recommendations or escalate to help desk.
- Provide on-going financial & system-related support & training for Client Managers, including training all newly hired Client Managers on Landors client accounting processes. Document financial process changes & implement into training manual.
- Run overview, transaction, billing, aging, & weekly financial reports for Client Services.
- Review weekly reports for data accuracy & identifies exceptions to our standard business practices, advising Client Services on the proper course of action.
Qualifications & Skills
Capabilities (Success Factors)
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Time Management skills
- Minimum of 2 years account reconciliation & billing experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping
- Agency experience preferred but not required
- Aptitude to understand & work with various accounting systems (Maconomy)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications