Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building tools that enhance developer experience & improve developer productivity at DigitalOcean.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help improve our Continuous Integration & Continuous Deploy tooling. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Software Engineering role will design, build & maintain release pipelines, configuration tools, frameworks & infrastructure to enable teams to deploy confidently & easily.
This position will provide immense growth & learning opportunities within the Build & Release Engineering domain through challenging projects that include augmenting & redesigning our non-production environments with a robust underlying infrastructure & moving to artifact based deployments to boost productivity across development teams at DigitalOcean.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Researching emerging tools, trends & methodologies & enhancing existing systems & processes.
- Building instrumentation to measure Key Performance Indicators across tools & services managed & owned by the Release Engineering team & strive to improve performance of those.
- Designing, developing & maintaining software productivity tools incorporating both system & user design for a richer experience.
- Building critical infrastructure & tooling required by development teams so that engineers at DO can operate, build & release software efficiently & quickly.
- Collaborating to develop auditing & long term storage of those audit logs for designated pipelines.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, internal configuration management tools, Gitlab, GHE or equivalent frameworks & test infrastructure.
- Passion for shipping well-engineered & tested code.
- Experience working full stack, whether its building or debugging one
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, Java
- An appreciation for Makefiles, build systems, & docker as helpful tools for making a great developer experience where developers can succeed.
- Strong analytical, communication, & organizational skills.
- A strong interest & obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company & excitement to use our products in your projects (if you havent already!)
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!