Company Description|Job Description
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, & financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy & business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
This team is responsible for Tradeshift's backend, & is working to design the next generation architecture that will be able to solve the business needs of the future. This means making the needed changes to the current backend to enable high availability now, scalability for the future, & stability for our developers. In addition, we have an overall goal to improve the architecture to support Tradeshift's goal for moving to a micro-service architecture.
We are looking for team members who want to solve some of our most challenging problems, & are interested in becoming experts around most of the backend functionality in Tradeshift. This is a very important role, one that will have a big future at our company, as most of the functional aspects of our platform live in the backend & we need people to lead teams around these areas as we grow.
- Grow into a very senior role at Tradeshift - your current peers are a group of senior engineering leaders who are assigned some of the most challenging problems we have at Tradeshift. We expect you will help us lead our engineering organization in the future.
- Lead & help our product teams be successful - guidelines, reviews, with the goal to enable high velocity for all of our product teams. Support product teams that are creating their own microservices based on backend functionality.
- Plan & implement the needed changes to our backend over time to ensure that the backend is highly available, scalable, & resilient to failure. This includes writing high-quality, tested & peer-reviewed code.
- Drive a long term priority list of initiatives needed to improve the backend (per business requirements).
- KPIs & monitoring for ensuring the success of the above goals.
- Identify opportunities, design & implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure).
- 5+ years experience with SQL based DBs, preferably PostgreSQL
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, & take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You are comfortable developing on Linux / Unix operating systems
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- You have worked with virtualization / container techs, like Docker or are interested in getting knowledge in that area
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- You are interested in problems around concurrency, scalability, & distributed systems
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading & writing
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan & at home internet
- Lunch & snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package & equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, & many more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.