The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The security & safety of product is the prime responsibility of theshuttledriver. At the beginning & end of their shift, the driver needs to inspect their vehicle to ensure that it is functioning correctly identifying & communicating any issues with vehicle. They must follow all state & city traffic laws & posted speed limits, even at the expense of arriving late to their destinations. Text messaging & phone calls while operating any company vehicle will not be allowed. If they encounter any unsafe conditions or road hazards, the driver must report the problems to the manager. If the vehicle develops mechanical difficulties, the driver should document the problems & communicate needed repairs to approved service center. The shuttle driver must ensure that product arrives in a timely & safe manner. All issues must be documented & communicated.
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of transporting product & supplies between our LA EXPO office & Brisbane location. The ideal candidate will represent who we are as a company & a brand into our workplace to both our customers & employees. Driver must be aware of challenges & opportunities when driving in a high traffic environment. Drivers are the public face of The RealReal, trusted to transport & handle client product & engage with clients & co-workers in a friendly & professional manner. Drivers are responsible for driving a company box truck (15 20 ft) to transport product & supplies to/from the Brisbane warehouse from LA EXPO office, This position calls for a significant amount of physical labor, driving ability, & dexterity on identifying traffic patterns as well as ability to use new systems being introduced to help in the transferring & accountability of product to/from the company locations.
The compensation for this position is $20 $22 per hour. Schedules are full-time, 40 hours per week. The right individual must be flexible & willing to work overtime & must stay overnight in San Francisco or the surrounding area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- ShuttleDriver must be able to allocate company box truck daily from LA EXPO office to Brisbane E-Commerce Center & operate vehicle following a set schedule or route.
- Driver must gain familiarity with their route by studying maps & using best routes.
- Driver must maintain constant contact with the manager & keep track of product pickups & drop-offs as necessary using all tools available.
- Critical thinking & execution of problematic situations as they occur.
- Communicates in a friendly professional manner with clients & co-workersand can communicate back to management any issues.
- Operates & maintains company vehicle safely & efficiently. Paying attention to maintenance & up keep as needed.
- Handles all physical requirements for loading, transporting & driving without assistance. Being able to load & unload in a timely & safe manner.
- Executes accurate & timely handling of pickups & drop offs adhering to a timely schedule.
- Preparation of accurate paperwork & records.
- Ability to fully operate all aspects of van & its functions.
- Grip, lift, push, pull, & carry wheeled, plastic bins over, up & down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces & elevations.
- The ability to lift & move at least 70 lbs.
- Drive, Walk, stand & sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid drivers license & a good driving record.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening & background check.
- Demonstrate safe & efficient driving skills. Be prepared to take driver assessments as needed.
- At least 2 - 4 year of route transportation experience is preferred.
- The ability to learn new systems as it applies to demonstrating computer proficiency.
- Attention to detail & accuracy in both physical & electronic filing of paperwork.
- Strong customer service, electronic communication, & verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to adhere & enforce all security processes & procedures.
- Safely load & unload from theshuttle.
- No smoking permitted in vehicle
- CDL preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.