Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
As the Facilities Manager, you will oversee security, safety, contractor onboarding, project management & building coordination at our corporate office in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Your work will intersect with Legal, People, & IT to streamline our processes & documentation. You will be the liaison for our building systems & responsible for related vendor coordination, reporting, & iteration.
What Youll Do:
- Improve all processes, documentation, & system tools pertaining to building safety & security, partnering closely with third-party security providers & internal security personnel at other locations
- Establish badge access request, issuance, clearance level, maintenance, & auditing processes, including integration with HRIS functionality
- Own the development of fire safety / emergency response plans & documentation in compliance with NYC Fire Code, leading employee training on a recurring basis
- Enforce protocols pertaining to health & safety plans, building & employee handbook regulations, & office practices for all individuals onsite
- Conduct physical inspections of the location uphold rigorous standards of cleanliness & operational excellence, scheduling cleaning, maintenance, & repairs as needed
- Organize & communicate inbound & outbound mail processes, including building out mail room, receiving deliveries, providing package notifications, coordinating with local carriers / building management, & implementing systems that cater to business needs
- Build out & manage external guest registration tools, coordinating closely with building management & internal stakeholders to deliver a high-touch experience for all visitors
- In partnership with Senior Facilities Manager, assist with planning & coordinating installations & refurbishments; inspect building structures to determine need for repair; supervise facilities staff (custodians, contractors, etc.) & balance space allocation according to needs.
- 2+ years of relevant facility maintenance & security experience at a like-minded company
- Respectful of the importance of confidentiality, particularly when dealing with sensitive security manners or employee data
- A natural leader who feels comfortable making autonomous decisions & driving business outcomes with third-party vendors
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, roll up your sleeves type environment; self-starter, doer personality who will take initiative from day 1
- An organized communicator with a knack for meticulous record keeping & documentation
- Extremely positive & upbeat, someone who views challenges as opportunities & is willing to stretch themselves
- Must be comfortable working in RTRs physical office location & on site at other locations as needed while taking necessary safety precautions
- Comfortable lifting 15-20 lb. items for mail room, office maintenance, moving, & event purposes
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.