Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates economic transformation for high-need, high-potential individuals through our technical training programs. We are not just another coding boot camp. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, & employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs & thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate & collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And its not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, & everything in between. We also activate & engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts & professionals help keep our curriculum fresh & our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, & Capstone projects.
Pursuit has an opportunity for a Fellow Success Lead. This member of the Core Leadership team will be the driving force in the Fellow experience & success in & out of the classroom, working to ensure every aspect of the program executes on our mission & to maximize the efficacy of the program for every Fellow. As the FSL, youll serve as the main point of contact & support for Fellows outside the classroom, & youll also provide data-driven intervention, coaching & support to Fellows who may be struggling with the expectations of the program through individualized learning plans. In conjunction with other Core Leaders, youll also plan, support, & even lead purposeful events & training that build culture & capacity for learning with staff & Fellows. This role will also be instrumental in supporting & working on the Core Leadership team to plan, design, & implement program-wide policy & initiatives to improve Fellow & staff success.
As a Fellow Success Lead you will:
- Serve as the main point of contact & support for struggling Fellows, supporting & providing methods of accountability for their own success.
- Serve as a point of escalation for disciplinary and/or academic interventions, & work with Fellows & instructional staff to build & implement Fellow Success Plans that can get a Fellow back on track quickly & effectively.
- Ensure that instructors are empowered & accountable to follow a chain of command & responsibility when responding to Fellow concerns.
- Identify areas in which we can improve Core program efficacy, particularly in relation to the Fellow experience.
- Speak to & represent up-to-date Fellow outcomes & progress through a deep familiarity with trends in Fellow data, including attendance, work submission, performance on assessments, & classroom, peer, & staff interactions.
What you need to be considered for the Fellow Success Lead role:
- 5 -7 years of experience in a similar role, with demonstrated success in driving positive outcomes for adult learners.
- Has experience developing AND delivering new programs to improve program outcomes. Bonus for relevant experience designing & delivering professional training and/or workforce development.
- Exceptional cross-functional end-to-end project management & follow-through skills.
- Prior success with people management & development.
- Prior experience in a tech startup/working with engineers is a plus.
- Ability to balance your capacity for empathy while holding people accountable for their success.
Where youll work:
- Remote Hybrid from your home or our community office space in Long Island City, NYC
- Because we are One Big Team, we are having conversations on what a return to in-person work schedules would look like & are actively gathering feedback from staff & fellows to determine the best course of action
When youll work:
- Ideally a flexible schedule - with regular evening hours to accommodate our Nights & Weekends Fellows & staff.
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, & kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus & a full benefits package
- Unlimited PTO & an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
- The ability to have a big impact at an organization with a meaningful mission
Pursuit values diversity:
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.