Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about being a creative champion.
Design master. Magnificent mediator. Highly skilled multitasker. A great Creative Director brings it all to the party. As Creative Director at DigitalOcean, you will report into our CMO & will be responsible for developing & executing a comprehensive global design system strategy. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of branding & design both internal & external. This is a high-visibility, high-accountability position that plays a critical role in supporting the organizations growth trajectory.
We are seeking a candidate who thrives in a fast paced environment, who can simplify complex design problems & highly technical solutions for all types of customer experiences who can partner with executives to shape our brand strategy.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Refine & build upon the brand foundation to drive a world-class visual brand guidelines that supports the companies business strategies, mission, vision, & values to create & support a best-in-class brand.
- Individually contribute hands-on design work along with your team to execute against an aggressive content calendar.
- Oversee the creative strategy & development of all external design activities including: website, landing pages, blog, digital campaigns, paid media, events, partner programs, vendor relations, & broad visual communication.
- Identify opportunities for proactive customer experiences that leverage existing & future content to drive self-service & gated marketing qualified (MQL) opportunities.
- Ensure consistency & creativity across all DigitalOcean visual communications.
- Actively monitor competitive landscapes to identify better customer experiences & drive self-service conversion across web properties.
- Create, drive, & manage compelling user experiences across all of the DigitalOcean marketing channels.
- Drive visual design from strategy to execution both internally & externally.
- Create a robust design system that enables consistency, scaling, & a better customer experience that supports faster testing to drive higher conversion rates across the website.
- Establish a long-term strategic visual communication plan to create coherent customer experiences throughout the evolution of the company.
- Collaborate with sales & marketing functions to develop & execute marketing plans, evaluate past activities, & support company objectives.
- Manage, lead, develop, & grow a team of talented designers.
What Well Expect From You:
- Performance history of working closely with stakeholders to create & develop quality customer experiences through conversion channels that leverage data driven design decisions
- Excellent verbal & visual communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated concepts using clear & concise solutions
- Significant experience in working for a cloud-based SaaS company
- Ability to communicate with a technical developer-centric audience
- Experience managing & developing a successful design team
- Should be a self-starter - highly self-motivated & entrepreneurial
- Proven track record for excelling in leading corporate creative strategy
- Experience managing agencies & direct reports
- Passion for technology & knowledge of the B2B tech, enterprise, IT requirements & cloud offerings available in the market
- Experience working in an agile based environment
- Detail oriented & extremely organized with an ability to multitask & prioritize against the business needs of a company
- Leadership & the soft skills to effectively communicate & manage a world-class creative team
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!