We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join our leadership team at our King Street office in Toronto. The ideal individual will have direct people management experience coupled with a web or mobile development background to help lead delivery on our feature teams & manage approximately 10-12 direct reports.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, you will be responsible for ensuring that roadmap timelines for development are feasible, that your team is staying on track & that your people are happy & consistently challenged.
- Develop & mentor employees across teams
- Lead & inspire a highly skilled, mixed discipline Software Development team
- Drive team performance goals, assess & coach on individual performance goals
- Collaborate with the Product team to help define, document & manage changes to project scope & objectives
- Help grow our developer culture through mentoring & hiring the best people
- Align hiring plans with product & technology roadmaps
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Experience in a technical leadership & people management position
- A hands-on web, mobile or software development background
- A strong desire to produce high performing software with a focus on quality, speed, & improving best practices
- Excellent written & communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees & management in groups & one-on-one
- Experience with agile development practices, both process & technical: Kanban/Scrum cadence, refactoring, evolving architectures, technical debt
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. Were a team of thinkers, builders, doers, & innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro youll join a fun, vibrant & rapid growth environment where youll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative & respectful. We offer great benefits such as professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits, Friday lunches & more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.