We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the Role
The Web Production Associate will be responsible for the creation & maintenance of all on-site marketing assets & promotions in addition to managing our monthly box experience on Birchbox.com.
We are looking for someone who has previous e-commerce experience & is highly motivated & willing to work hard to learn the Birchbox business. Youll constantly be thinking strategically about the customer experience. Candidates must be very detail oriented, able to multitask, work independently, show initiative, & meet deadlines.
Birchbox is an energetic, extremely fast-paced startup environment. Youre the right candidate for this role if you love solving problems, adapt well in changing situations, & dont think its weird to wear a cape to work.
- Develop a project schedule/production calendar for new launches, with key milestones for cross-teams
- Responsible for the coordination of key deliverables via Asanaensuring all deadlines are met by respective teams & are in keeping with our style guide
- Generate PIDs daily, including manual data entry of product information prior to launch
- Publish all product, brand & box pages on schedule
- Upload monthly box customization assets, verifying that data is accurate across all systems
- Responsible for the maintenance of existing products. This includes any asset updates needed to match our current inventory
- Perform visual merchandising as part of the monthly refresh
- Responsible for executing stock-out protocol on a timely basis by ensuring all of our PDPs reflect the most accurate stock status, removing any outdated items & updating incorrect statuses
- Execute both backend & front-end QA (quality assurance), performing audits when necessary
- Own & manage both BAU & one-off requests from ideation to execution
- Prioritize day-to-day tasks & deliver projects on time
- Accountable for achieving individual & functional business results with minimal error
- Play an impactful role in developing cross-team relationships with Web Production as a whole
- Manage expectations of key stakeholders by communicating clearly & reliably
- Help streamline processes & identify areas of opportunity
- Keep abreast of news & trends related to e-commerce, retail & beauty
- Contribute innovative ideas to broader team efforts
- Occasional contribute to team strategic planning
- Train & assist international teams when needed
- BA plus 4+ years work experience in producing website content
- Demonstrated experience with e-commerce
- Familiarity with CMS tools
- Project management skills
- Basic experience with Magento
- Familiarity with Asana (or another task management system)
- Basic/Working Photoshop skills
...are a stickler for the detailsyou pride yourself on the quality of your work & dont send anything out without triple-checking
...are naturally organizedso much so that you try to keep everyone else organized too. You make spreadsheets for everything.
...are a planneryou are able to stay on top of multiple projects & deliverables.
...are a super sleuth when it comes to finding anything onlineyou have search engines down to a science
...are a team playeryou are personable, able to project manage across disparate teams & keep your colleagues on track with their deadlines
Why is it great to work at Birchbox?
- The uncommon chance to be at the start of something huge. We dream big. We run fast. We love a challenge.
- We think cupcakes, cold brew, & guac are food groups.
- We love our work, our team, & our customers.