As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The writer will write authoritative stories for our shopping/e-commerce site The Strategist. The website, an offshoot of the magazines award-winning print section of the same name, offers readers rigorously-vetted articles to help navigate the vast online shopping landscape.
- Write and/or update 5 stories per week, most of which are expert-driven
- Regularly test out products & services on your own
- Closely monitor trends, product launches, innovations & consumer habits so as to constantly pitch story ideas
- Regularly monitor when stuff goes on sale, & look out for actually good deals
- Work on 2-3 long-lead ambitious projects a year
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by editors
- Ability to work independently
- Strong & fast-paced writing skills for a digital publication
- Understanding of, or willingness to learn, the Strategists voice & approach to service journalism
- 2+ years of professional journalism experience
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.