At GoCardless, were passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they & their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce & Quickbooks, more & more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
Were headquartered in the UK, & backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital & Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. Weve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire & develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning & feedback, & support colleagues to develop in their role & more broadly in their career.
The GoCardless Partner Programme supports more than 300 partners to grow with GoCardless. This role will play a key part in optimising & scaling this Programme to ensure our partners & shared merchants maximise value from partnering with GoCardless.
Youll be responsible for building & growing partnerships with software platforms who predominantly serve the SMB market at high scale. You will be directly accountable for growing revenue through a portfolio of both new & prospective partners alongside playing a key role in the development & evolution of the partner programme.
What will you be doing?
Growing existing partnerships
- Manage & grow a portfolio of partners to deliver revenue growth
- Identify opportunities to work more deeply with existing partners
- Build effective partner account plans to identify & prioritise both strategic goals & short term initiatives
- Build go-to-market partner plans for high potential partners, including identifying opportunities, securing commitments & working with our Partner Marketing team to execute agreed plans
- Work closely with external & internal product teams to identify & deliver product development initiatives to support & drive growth
- Develop relationships & build a network of stakeholders which enable you to achieve your objectives
- Work cross functionally within GoCardless to develop & execute against growth plans
- Collaborate with Partner Support to run annual technical re-certification programmes
Enablement & engagement
- Working with our Partner Marketing team, run marketing campaigns at scale with our partner base
- Working with our Partner Marketing & Partner Support teams, develop marketing & sales enablement collateral & lead on continually improving the materials available to support inbound queries
- Collaborate on the design & delivery of a partner engagement programme which covers the full lifecycle with GoCardless
- Support the day to day management & development of the online partner portal
Developing new partnerships
- Engage, qualify & develop partnerships from inbound leads
- Supported by our Solutions Engineering & Product teams, work with partners to build best-in-class technical solutions & continually improve existing integrations.
- Working with our Partner Marketing team, launch new partners to the market
- Collaborate with Partner Support, Solutions Engineering & Product to continually develop materials available to partners building for the first time
What we are looking for;
- You have experience working in partner management, channel sales or ecosystem management, ideally in a B2B tech environment
- You act like an owner. Youre entrepreneurial, love seeing projects through & take a proactive approach to problem solving
- You are commercially astute & relish digging into data & using feedback from partners to identify growth opportunities
- You have strong relationship & stakeholder management skills, & can effectively work with a range of functions & teams
- Youre a natural project manager, able to co-ordinate cross functional resources & balance competing priorities
- You have great written & verbal communication skills. Youre able to craft compelling comms & articulate yourself clearly externally
- You are comfortable learning a highly technical product. Whilst you wont need to code, we will expect you to enjoy working with product teams & translating our product in external conversation
- You are open to travel & attending events as a GC ambassador
- You are ambitious, driven, high-energy & engaging. You inspire others to work with you
- Ideal: you have experience working with small business software: ideally subscription, membership or invoicing
- Ideal: You have experience working within the payments industry
We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, & our team are from a variety of backgrounds, so if youre unsure, please apply.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us & we welcome applications from those with disabilities & from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring & onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field & continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active employee resource groups (such a BEAM & Rainbow) that are supported & sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage & inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours & remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave & pension packages. Youll also receive equity, because we believe having this buy in is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless we value flexibility, & throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we've listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives & negatives of working remotely (which we've been doing since March 2020). Their feedback helped us develop our 'Adaptive Working' model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It's built around three components: days in the office, remote working, & enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one & three days per week for collaboration & teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. Well also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration & socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing & comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments & a range of remote social activities you can dip in & out of whenever you fancy.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.