At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyfts engineering team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for engineering managers to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, & love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, & honest feedback. They move fast & ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles & keeping processes lean. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds & interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team & others provide general technical direction & oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient & executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, & have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Lyfts Infrastructure teams are responsible for building the foundational systems that engineers rely on in order to build stable, scalable, & efficient services. We build standardized infrastructure that helps software developers move fast, while still providing them with the flexibility they need to innovate within their teams. We are looking for experienced leaders to guide these teams as they create an exceptional development experience for all of Lyft. These are high leverage roles, as your work will have a multiplicative effect across Engineering, & contribute directly to Lyfts overall stability.
- Lead engineering teams responsible for our core infrastructure at varying layers of the stack. We are looking to fill a variety of roles so whether you have experience in storage, networking, orchestration, deployments, mobile infrastructure, libraries & SDKs, or stats & logging, we want your expertise!
- Mentor & guide the professional & technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, & assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, & professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, & respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, & recognize the individual strengths & contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical & resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects & shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the teams code, architecture, & processes
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Work with your engineers & product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog & create short term & long term goals
- Own your teams deliverables & ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers & drivers
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- You have a technical background & are able to contribute to planning & design discussions
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, whether they are drivers, passengers, or other Lyft employees
- You have experience leading a team of engineers & guiding them through their career development
- You believe in building both teams & products that scale
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, & youre committed to driving projects to completion creatively
- You can motivate & instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, & execution of work
- You think ahead & build for the future
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated & up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated & up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; & 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.