Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role will be primarily responsible for owning specific merchant data product integration/adoption within the global merchant data platform, understand core elements of operations, product strategy & platforms, & drive innovative & scalable opportunities across quality of experience, scale, instrumentation & more to overall product development roadmap. The Senior Managerinteracts with cross-functional stakeholders, including various Technology teams, product teams,and business function leads. Accomplishing this will require a nuanced ability to influence & collaborate across a complex & highly matrixed organization.
- Work with global merchant data product partners to understand their strategic business requirements & translate them into business solutions within the global merchant data platform
- Strong desire to lead & effectively manage business problems through hands on trouble shooting & analysis, essential for key global projects/programs related to Merchant Data
- Provide program & project management support - Closely work with other product owners andpartners (both internal & external stakeholders), & engineering teams to define & develop detailed product/business requirements, as needed
- Create, monitor & revise the following analysis artifacts & deliverables: business requirements, business rules, use cases, user acceptance test plans, project plans, & tracking logs.
- Coordinate & participate in user acceptance testing of functional requirements as needed
- Develop & execute a plan to create internal tools that can provide insights & reporting to enable better decision making.
- Work daily with Technology to gather & communicate development status, risk & issues to product partners. Help to streamline how Operations collaborates with cross-functional teams across all customers of GMR
- Proactively collect & analyze data & work with product partners to assist in the determination of product direction or otherwise define business requirements.
- Serve as first line in assisting Technology in the resolution of issues & roadblocks preventing or hindering product delivery.
- Assist in creating product training, reporting & documentation materials in support of the broader user success function
- Provide support to in resolving customer issues as needed
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelors' degree in business management, computer science or information technology
- 5 - 7 years combined experience in data/business analysis & business operations with preferably 2-3 years in payment systems and/or financial services.
- Strong data analytics background with a demonstrated ability to translate business needs into creative & engaging output. Working knowledge of Hadoop, writing queries, & building reports.
- Proficiency with software development methodologies such as Agile & experience with Scrum teams
- Proficiency & real-world experience in analytics tools & big data platforms including Hive/SQL, Impala, SAS, Python
- Extensive experience with SQL for extracting & aggregating data
- Expert with Excel, Access, PowerPoint or other common tools used for data analysis & presentation.
- Demonstrated data-driven problem-solving & analytical abilities
- Demonstrated capabilities in technical-oriented business analysis techniques & user acceptance testing processes/methodologies in large, complex, diversified, global organizations.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting & analyzing complex systems integration.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral & written. Must be able to communicate effectively & confidently with users, team members & management.
- Strong facilitation skills. Must be able to elicit requirements from various personalities across organizational & geographical boundaries.
- Must be flexible & willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Ability to work some flexible hours due to varying time zones across Visa's regions.
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
May be needed to take phone calls with teams in various time zones as needed
Travel as needed by the business up to 20%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.