You will be responsible for working with cross-disciplinary teams to guide future product & technology direction. You will work with external partner & teams within Magic Leap to ensure a world-class mixed reality platform, applications & experiences by developing early technology demonstrations that can be evaluated for inclusion in future products.
- Work with subject matter experts across the company to develop plans for quickly achievable experiments
- Develop OS drivers, services, & applications to demonstrate & test features & functionality
- Perform targeted analysis of power, compute & memory to support evaluation of features
- Work with SMEs to prototype algorithms & systems in order to validate the choices
- Participate in strategic discussions around future product directions
- Generate reports & data about experiments, to support larger discussions
- 5-7 Years in C/C++ & embedded programming
- Strong experience with rapid software development
- Strong experience with many layers of software development, including Operating System (Linux Kernel), system services, applications, & cloud
- Capable during the entire POC development cycle: problem definition, research stages, algorithm design, implementation, & evaluation.
- Exceptional written & verbal communications skills.