Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Our Global Talent Team is responsible for creating the future of Planet. Yes, our people. We dont just put butts in seats. We attract top performers inspired by our mission who add to our culture. We help enable balance at the team level, ensuring as many voices are represented when building our products & executing on our strategy. We are expecting tremendous growth this year & we're looking for the next gen of full cycle recruiters to help us build for scale. Our culture has been ranked one of the Best in the Bay Area, & our company one of the most Innovative, every recruiters dream!
As a Senior Technical Recruiter you will have the opportunity to develop deep relationships with hiring managers & candidates from around the world with a keen eye on diversity sourcing, structured interviewing, & inclusive candidate experience. You will use your influencing skills & your genuine curiosity to reduce friction in our hiring process, getting creative when needed to make magic happen, especially during peak periods.
This full time position is available for remote work in select regions of the United States.
Impact Youll Own:
- Develop healthy partnerships with hiring managers & interviewers on the teams you support, providing strategic advisory & delivering consistent results
- Provide an unparalleled level of best-in-class candidate experience in partnership with Recruiting Coordinators...your candidates always know where they stand
- Source & attract the toughest to find, diverse talent by establishing relationships over the short & long term.
- Leveraging talent analytics & your knowledge of the market, you will routinely communicate your progress & impact to stakeholders, making recommendations on talent strategy grounded in data
- Partner with Recruiting Ops & Talent Leadership to execute on our teams strategic roadmap
What You Bring:
- A passion for people & a belief in our mission to use Space to help Life on Earth
- Proven successful experience in full cycle recruiting for technical positions at dynamic, high-growth companies where the only thing constant is change.
- Strong technical acumen with modern recruiting tech stacks (Greenhouse, GSuite, LinkedIn, Resource.io amongst our growing tool set)
- Infectious energy & enthusiasm balanced with the ability to stay calm when under immense pressure.
- A strong core of ethics. You always want to do whats right for the candidate, the community & the company.
- A personal belief in the benefits of diversity. You recognize your influence in expanding opportunity to as wide of an audience as possible & the long term commitment this takes.
- A growth mindset. Recruiting is always evolving. You keep your pulse on the latest & greatest techniques in a pursuit toward greater effectiveness.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Both Software & Hardware Recruiting Experience
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000 - $159,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission & equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.