As a Lead Software Engineer & Agile Coach working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure Appian is always fast & powerful. You will be solving problems of scale & flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined.
Youre a coder at heart but looking to make a broader impact beyond the scope of writing code & a proven ability of coaching agile teams & evangelizing best practices. Youre enthusiastic about contributing high quality code & have a constant propensity for improving the status quo.
- Lead your team to new heights by driving for change & building team cohesion
- Write solid code to deliver features of exceptional quality
- Help lead the design & architecture of our modern cloud platform, which includes Java, React.js, web services, ElasticSearch, RDBMS, Docker, AWS, etc.
- Fearlessly conquer scalability challenges not only at technical level but also from a methodology standpoint, learn more about our tribal agile organization
- 5+ years experience building software products
- BS in Computer Science or related field/degree
- Experience as a dedicated Scrum Master or Agile Coach or eagerness to jump into a team leadership role
- Experience with other Agile approaches & concepts such as Lean, XP, & continuous delivery as well as solid experience leading scrum events: planning, daily scrums, reviews/demos, & retrospectives
- Experience with both Object Oriented & functional programming languages: Java, C++, C#, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms & complexity analysis
What is Appian? Its an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.