Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub for trusted connections & the exchange of helpful information, goods, & services.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, & Australia, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
We believe that when local businesses thrive communities thrive. As the Product Team at Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of customer empathy, data insights & building solutions for real world problems. The team is looking for the first Product Manager in Toronto to anchor the local team focused on growth & engagement & be the champion for local businesses & services. You are passionate about businesses & services & meaningfully connecting them with their neighborhoods online & offline.
The Impact Youll Make
As a product manager on the local team, you will partner with engineering, design, operations, data science, & marketing to envision & execute strategies to improve how businesses learn about Nextdoor, onboard & thrive within their trusted local communities. The local marketplace is an exciting growth opportunity key to Nextdoors success. This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit as you will be the first product manager in the Toronto office & along with the engineering team will be key drivers in establishing our Canadian presence. You pair deep customer empathy with analytical rigor to delight our business customers. You are passionate about advocating on behalf of businesses, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, & looking to join a team with a clear mission & purpose from the beginning.
- Lead the research, design, launch, & ongoing ownership of existing & new products
- Own the business journey including growth & engagement
- Inform product direction & testing forward through data & metrics
- Customer first focus on the needs of local businesses & service providers
- Energize all members of a cross-functional team to deliver value to our customers
- Evangelize the Nextdoor mission of using technology to build stronger, safer neighborhoods, & effectively release world-class products that grow & improve the Nextdoor platform for local businesses & services
What Youll Bring to The House
- Customer obsession drives your product development
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience delivering successful & innovative products
- Excellent communicator that motivates a team & stakeholders
- Insights driven you synthesis large amounts of quantitative & qualitative information
- Continuously learn & set a daily discovery cadence for your team
- Previous experience in developing tools for SMBs & or marketplaces a plus