At Multiplay (a division of Unity Technologies) we are re-inventing the way multiplayer games are built, launched & supported. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development & launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology & 24/7 live operations for some of the worlds biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, & keeping gamers online.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who shares our passion for games, hyper-scale automation & distributed systems. As a key member of the team, your role will include developing services, features & functionality within our platform that are highly-scalable, idempotent in nature, & resilient to failure. We are breaking new ground with the way online multiplayer games are hosted.
What youll be doing
- Design & develop new product features & improve existing functionality
- Write high-quality code that supports existing & future functionality of the product
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit & integration tests
- Operate within a distributed team & collaborate with colleagues both local & remote
What were looking for
- Prior software development experience using Golang, as it is our primary language
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas & solutions & discuss them with the team
- Ability to design & reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols & reliability
- Excellent project management skills
- Quality-driven attitude & approach
You might also have
- Experience working within an Agile environment (SCRUM/KanBan/XP)
- An understanding of container & orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes of Nomad
- Working experience with at least one of the three major cloud providers.
- Experience in gaming is a plus, but not required
Life at Unity
Unity is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,400+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.