At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, & product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce & supply chain problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves implementing features to improve the user journey & making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
As a Senior Software Developer (Mobile) you will help implement solutions & write beautiful code, working with various team members as we build out our consumer facing mobile applications. As a member of our Toronto team, youll work with highly-skilled engineers, who in collaboration with our other global teams have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
- Be able to design-develop-deploy software solutions for various HelloFresh markets & countries to deliver the best experience for our customers & internal users
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, & operations of the solutions that you develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming, & other cutting edge methodologies
- Be able to spend time learning & developing technical skills in dedicated learning sessions, & show off your technical chops via ambitious goals
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend & Backend Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core products & architecture, & act as an ambassador for state of the art software solutions & industry best practices offering support & mentorship to colleagues
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
- 4+ years of working experience in an agile software development team
- 2+ experience working with React JS or another similar frontend framework
- 2+ hands on experience building & deploying on native frameworks for iOS & Android, such as Swift, Kotlin or Java
- Experience writing unit/integration/function test cases, as well as with formalized testing methodologies (i.e. TDD, BDD)
- Working knowledge of the mobile deployment process & pipeline with bonus points if experience building or maintaining it
- Bonus: Experience developing mobile apps in React Native
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When we return to the office:
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.