BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE
From redesigning our customers experience with our Modern Data platforms & services, to evolving our own internal tools & ways of working, we are taking deliberate steps to invest & innovate in critical areas to delight our customers & outdistance our competitors. Portworx for Pure teams are looking for Software Engineers who can help drive this digital transformation & set Pure up for continued growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Build & review performance benchmarking requirements & metrics to ensure all of Portworx products deliver the best performance on the platforms they run on.
- Track performance benchmarking goals during release cycles to ensure build to build performance regressions are caught & addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in validating new performance enhancements, evaluating new architectures to drive improvements & work closely with the development team to collect, interpret & analyze data from different performance experiments
- Research & develop performance benchmarking strategies for different applications, come up with best practices for performance planning & work with solutions & sales engineering to validate customer scenarios & requirements as needed.
- Contribute to the automation of performance benchmarking, data collection and analysis
- Manage the performance test beds, keep them up to date on hardware & software & make them available for internal tests & experimentation as needed.
- Analyze tests results, identify bottlenecks & work with development to address the issues
- Generate periodic performance reports for management review.
If this describes you, let's talk! You can take a part in changing how the world works with data.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field. BS with good work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in system level performance benchmarking for servers, storage & databases.
- Prior experience in Python or Golang would be preferred
- Strong experience with Linux systems (network configuration, web technologies, system settings, common command/utilities)
- Working knowledge of Linux containers/K8s a huge plus
- Basic understanding of QA concepts, terminology & testing life cycles
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills; commitment to delivering great software & releasing it efficiently & with increasing quality.
- Knowledge of working with test automation frameworks & CI/CD workflow tools
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.