BuzzFeed Torontois looking for a shopping- & products-focused writer. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented & entertaining content for a shopping-minded audience. You are an experienced & conversational writer with talent in consumer- & shopping-related content creation. You'll help our audience discover great products through entertaining & informative formats, from themed roundups to personal reviews & more. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores & sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you!
- Research products in various categories & price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides & reviews.
- Track & analyze your posts' site traffic & affiliate analytics.
- Previous experience/internship writing for a magazine or website about consumer products (or exemplary blogging/writing experience)
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, & usage in your writing
- A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
- Genuine love for the internet & online shopping
- Understanding of the BuzzFeed audience & voice
- Previous affiliate experience a big plus
FYI just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
- Discuss your shopping habits (e.g.: what do you always buy in-store vs. online, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people dont know about, etc.).
- Tell us about a couple of products that youre obsessed with.
- Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We fuse hard work & fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, & humble confidence. As an employee, youll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, & no work on your birthday! But most importantly, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.