WHO WE ARE:
One of BARKs newest ventures, BARK Bright, is a single name that dogs & their people can trust across categories when making decisions about wellness. Their mission is simple- to make dogs happy by making it effortless for humans to support their dogs' health.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR :
Were looking for a superstar Copywriter to concept, develop & execute copy for our growing health & wellness product line, BARK Bright. In this role, you will constantly be brainstorming new creative concepts, developing campaigns, & writing any & all copy across various channels. You must be someone who thrives in a fast paced environment, has a witty tone, & obviously must love dogs!
- Write & edit copy across multiple customer touchpoints such as packaging, emails, website, product descriptions, marketing materials & ad campaigns
- Work with a small creative team to enhance & expand the growing BARK Bright brand voice.
- Take complex information & effectively simplify while educating customers on a complex product offering.
- Approach all projects through a strategic lens, honing your problem-solving skills, conceptual thinking, & writing chops.
- Work with different teams to understand & execute on varying business needs & objectives.
- Present work & thought process in an organized way
- Youve got 7+ years of experience within copywriting & strong conceptual skills
- A versatile writer who has experience with both advertising & branding- you can also execute across platforms & tailor your copy accordingly.
- Should have experience developing campaigns from initial concept through final execution. Must have strong experience in short-form copy
- Strong drive to research, learn & build upon existing knowledge within the dog wellness industry & its competitors. The ability to apply & pitch new ideas based on learnings.
- Experience taking dry or dull content & converting it into witty & lighthearted copy!
- Experience in SEO/digital copy is a major plus!
- Dog person (duh!) & a solid understanding of life with a dog & the challenges involved with caring for your pooch!
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A knack for good storytelling & conversational writingability to sprinkle humor & wit into otherwise dry information
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment & to turn around tight, smart, accurate copy while meeting daily deadlines
- Excels at time-management & triaging an ever-changing priority list
- Confidence articulating your own ideas & creativity on projects
- Self-motivated: desire & ability to own projects
- Must have a funny & lighthearted tone of voice!
- Candidates must provide a portfolio with copywriting samples!
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.