Landor is hiring the next Finance Manager to join the New York office's talented finance team.
Could this be you?
Landor builds some of the worlds most iconic & agile brands. Our global team of strategic experts & creative explorers solve complex business & brand challenges in unexpected ways. Its one of the reasons we took home four Cannes Lions this past June.
Landor exists to help brands compete in an ever-changing & highly competitive world. To do our work effectively, we must have the highest standards & most efficient practices. Thats where you come in.
Who you are...
Meticulous & agile, the Finance Manager will participate in all aspects of financial management, but will largely be focused on managing the project accounting function. You will oversee two financial analysts & will act as a liaison between Finance & the Client Services department. You will focus considerable attention on client profitability while always looking to improve internal processes & controls. Youll provide input to the month-end close process, including reporting & financial analysis. The FM will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager.
Day to day...
Project Accounting & Management
- Act as resource to Client Services group resolving financial & operational issues with clients
- Review project related financial reports to ensure accurate & timely client invoicing
- Provide client revenue & profitability variance reporting on a monthly basis (versus budget, forecast & prior year)
- Prepare the monthly client revenue forecast (aging of signed backlog)
- Partner with Accounts Payable, Client Services & the Financial Analysts to ensure the accurate coding of labor & expenses to projects proactively identify processes which will limit the amount of manual transfers of time & expenses
- Respond to ad-hoc projects, including creating customized reports & analysis
- Report against aged receivables on a monthly basis explaining the action items for each balance
- Manage & report on the Unbilled Receivables (UBR) & Unearned Revenue account balances on a monthly basis
- Aid in the month-end reporting cycle as required by the Senior Finance Manager
- Provide ad-hoc reporting & financial analysis for the Senior Finance Manager & senior leadership
Internal Controls (Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Participate as a key member as required for each SOX audit
- Help ensure the office is in compliance with all Landor & WPP Internal Control Policies & coordinate with the Senior Finance Manager to implement all SOX audit recommendations
Directing & Training Others
- Act as coach & mentor for the financial analysts
- Conduct team performance evaluations & further develop teams knowledge
- Provide ongoing project accounting, financial & Maconomy related training to the Client Services group
- Initiate & implementing streamlined processes
What were looking for...
You have 6+ years of experience with a Finance and/or Accounting degree & possibly pursuing your MBA/CPA - advertising/marketing experience is a plus. Solid knowledge of advanced financial & accounting concepts. Youve had exposure to working with an enterprise financial system, Financial Models & superb Excel skills. Personable, organized & stellar communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving ability. You work well independently & within team settings.