The TripAdvisor Flights & Cruise group is rapidly growing. With 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travelers research & purchase the best Cruises & Flights for their trip.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Manager to lead a growing team of engineers in Needham, MA. In this role, you will be driving a wide variety of critical engineering projects spanning partner integrations, innovative user experiences, purchase funnel optimizations, marketing automation, ad tech, native mobile in-destination features & more.
Can you enable highly iterative agile development by breaking down complex projects into discrete tasks? Are you a leader that can mold bright young developers into seasoned veterans? Are you a collaborative partner with Analytics, Product Management, & Bis Dev? Are you capable of hands-on development & digging into reports & logs when problems arise ,along with delegating & prioritizing work across the team? Above all else, are you passionate about success?
What you bring to the team:
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You are experienced as a Software Engineer (7+ years) & managing engineers (3+ years)
- You have successfully hired & mentored engineers
- You have broad working knowledge of full stack web development, RESTful APIs, databases, analytics & operations.
- You track industry trends, but are pragmatic when introducing new technology
- You lead from the front as a hands-on developer in multiple layers of the software stack
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, & describe specific activities & projects to demonstrate this behavior
- You can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering daily new capabilities
- You have the ability to work cross functionally with engineers, product owners & C-level executives to communicate, prioritize, influence & inform key product decisions
- Startup experience is a plus!