This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
What you'll do
The Category Director is the business owner for multiple categories across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites including Walmart.com & Jet.com. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, & make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Challenges youll be tackling:
Own categories end to end across all our ecommerce brands:You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmarts Ecommerce brands (Walmart.com & Jet.com), & be responsible for developing & driving strategy for the Jewelry & Watch categories, owning merchandise assortment, financial performance.
Build a best in class customer experience:You will be working alongside Site & Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, delivered, & finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing & inspiring a team of category experts:You will be a part of hiring, managing & inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories & allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels.
- Own category financial targets & KPIs (e.g. GMV, margin, & turn), & identity levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve & elevate the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise & identifying assortment gaps & opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors & third-party retailers
- Work with planning, global sourcing & supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Work with supply chain & FCs to develop appropriate security protocols for higher AUR product
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs & supplier funding
- Manage on-site product presentation & catalog data, & drive requirements into the search & browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing & creative teams on category messaging
- Manage & inspire a team of category specialists & experts
- Continuously finding new strategies to ensure best in class customer experience
How youll know its right:
- If you love fashion, trends & merchandising
- If you like owning something & being accountable for its outcomes
- If you can drive results & solve problems in fun & creative ways
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk, there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- 8+ years experience in category management, pricing, site merchandising, planning or inventory planning or related area
- 6+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources & extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing & executing strategies aligned to business goals, & taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing & developing business relationships, & in complex negotiations
- Experience in building broad Jewelry & Watch assortments from opening price point to luxury; & scaling new businesses
- Proven track record of over delivering to financial plans & KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, & comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects & competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, & drive projects to completion with minimum guidance & high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain & sourcing processes preferred
- Experience in inspiring & managing teams
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, & dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, & outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Lets make a date.