Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
Do you find elegance architecting a well-structured user interface? As a senior software engineer at Simon, youll join the effort to push the boundaries by enabling our customers to consume our products. Our clients rely on Simon to engage with hundreds of millions of customers -- sending billions of messages annually. Successful engineers have a keen eye for optimization & deep knowledge across the technology spectrum for delivering products via the web, & we value ownership & creativity!
What Youll Do
- Translate outstanding feature requests into consumable web applications
- Continuously look for ways to improve last-mile performance
- Work to organize & evolve front-end development efforts
- Drive the evolution of our front-end stack onto modern, widely used tools like TypeScript, React Hooks, & GraphQL!
- Help build a scalable & maintainable frontend development process by e.g. contributing to our design system & component library.
- Participate in team-wide discussions ranging from architecture to developer productivity to security to the best IDE
- Work with the team to promote our technical brand through chipping in with Open Source Software & promoting & sharing it at conferences locally & nationwide
- Participate in our mentorship program, whether thats helping your coworkers expand their skill set or learning from them to expand your own
- 3+ years of front end software development experience designing, deploying, & owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Deep understanding & expertise with front-end technologies like React, TypeScript, & GraphQL
- Familiarity & understanding of at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Node.js, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.)
- Consistent record of success working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management, program management, as well as DevOps)
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.