At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access & participate in, & that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, & trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets & people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse & Societe Generale, & together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain & crypto technology.
Paxos is seeking a talented Director of Financial Reporting to join our accounting & finance team. Our very first Director of Financial Reporting will be in charge of our internal & external financial reporting build out in support of our growth initiatives. You have a proven track record in consolidated financial reporting & analysis, technical accounting, designing/implementing new processes, & leading cross-functional efforts with the broader team to ensure they are kept informed of new accounting standards & implications of financial transactions. You are comfortable with quickly adapting to change & will champion the advancement of processes & controls surrounding financial reporting & technical accounting.
What you will do:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements for management, the board & external stakeholders
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for regulatory reporting
- Prepare financial reporting packages for management, the board & investors
- Monitor & ensure timely identification & compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation & prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical & comprehensive manner
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements & accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, & issues
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit & quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Assist in creating, implementing & maintaining comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity & consistency
- Assist in implementing & maintaining reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process & process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period
- Support month end & year end closing
- Participate in other projects as required
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with at least 8-10 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm (or 5-6 years with a Big 4 accounting firm & 3+ years of relevant experience)
- Heavy exposure to SEC & financial reporting
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP & SEC rules & regulations is required combined with the ability to research & propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- International accounting & issue recognition experience;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & manage well through ambiguity & complexity
- Ability to execute & follow-through to completion & documentation
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do & can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds & experience in banking, startups, tech giants, & big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London & Singapore & have big plans for our growth. Were looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working & intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers & regulators can trust. Were committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open & accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets & those who dont want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone & Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, & employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor & a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do & influence how we communicate & collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, & ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, & family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in & out of office.) In addition to the benefits & perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real & measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us: