This is a critical & exciting time at Enigma. We are hearing from repeated customers that our product is creating tremendous value for them & is aligned perfectly with their needs. This creates an urgent need to invest in the ML-driven data pipelines at the core of our small business data product.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Small Business Data team. You will play a central role in architecting & developing the data pipelines that incorporate statistical models to transform raw data into the small business profiles our customers depend on.
As a Senior Software Engineer for our Small Business Data team, you will build systems that transform billions of records into authoritative small business profiles--this includes over $10 trillion in credit card transactions! Your impact will be measured by the reliability, maintainability & efficiency of our data pipelines & our ability to rapidly productionize our research findings.
Were looking for someone who:
- Thrives on a collaborative, supportive cross-functional team of software engineers, product managers & data scientists
- Excels in multiple aspects of engineering including design decisions, hands-on implementation & technical mentorship
- Engineers model-driven data pipelines that reliably transform billions of records from dozens of sources into accurate small business profiles (we use Airflow & Spark)
- Architects complex data pipelines around a central ontology to support multiple concurrent pipeline versions
- Designs systems that allow data scientists to reliably productionize their research discoveries
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested software (we use Python)
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge: You will build & extend a sophisticated data pipeline with predictive models embedded at multiple stages. Youll need to simultaneously balance system reliability, scalability, rigorous data quality requirements & an ambitious forward development plan
- Ownership: As a senior member of our core data engineering team, you will help set the technical direction & execution of the core systems of our product
- Impact: You will design & implement systems for producing small business profiles which feed directly into our customers decision engines (influencing businesses that employ half the U.S. workforce!)
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional partners (product managers, data scientists, other engineers) to set clear expectations & solve common problems
- Has a strong track record of successfully designing & implementing reliable data pipelines on heterogeneous data sources at scale
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working on entity resolution challenges at scale
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.