The mission of Real Estate & Development (RedTech) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, & project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design & build more efficiently, & manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech & would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities & cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Contribute to technical design & systems architecture across teams.
- Identify & drive cross-functional technical efforts across teams
- Manage priorities, deadlines & deliverables for technically oriented projects across multiple teams.
- Mentor & train other team members on design techniques & coding standards.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools & frameworks & methods to help in effectively meeting cross-team objectives & the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Routinely impact the processes & delivery of other teams by pushing cross-team initiatives, aligning on shared work, or evangelizing great initiatives outside the team.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, & designers.
- Contribute to hiring & retention for multiple teams.
- Ensure a psychologically safe environment within the team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 8+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Proven experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented & clean code.
- Demonstrated experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience designing & developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, & caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, & Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- Experience driving technical excellence & engineering practices across teams.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.