The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Connectivity is at the heart of Yexts products. Our 3rd party integrations bring to life the best of our solutions from Listings to Answers & everything in between. Yext is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our Partner Engineering team & build the next generation of amazing solutions on top of our platform.
We are solution-driven, curious, & passionate Engineers. Our goal is to produce high quality, high impact, & highly scalable code to unlock the power of our partnerships & deliver value to our clients. As a Partner Engineer, you will work in the sweet spot of technology, right at the intersection of product, business, & innovation. This highly cross-functional role will allow you to collaborate with teams across the company, ranging from Data Partnerships, to Product, to Technology Operations, & other Engineering teams. You will also collaborate directly with our solution partners which include some of the best & most innovative tech companies in the world.
If you have excellent coding skills, innate curiosity, & are not afraid to roll up your sleeves & find creative solutions to complex problems, this role is for you!
What Youll Do
- Develop an expertise in Yexts product offerings, underlying implementation & technical design
- Integrate new solution partners (e.g. https://apps.shopify.com/yext-products-connector) by writing clean, tested, & well-structured code
- Design, implement, & deploy highly scalable & reliable systems
- Comprehend & understand third party solutions by reading documentation, speaking to technical contacts, & asking clarifying questions
- Grasp new languages/frameworks quickly depending on the requirements on the third-party (e.g. Salesforce Apex, Zendesk Apps Framework)
- Work with Yexts Business Development & Product teams to analyze & recommend integration approaches based on solution partners capabilities & existing infrastructure
- Troubleshoot technical issues in real-time
- Drive infrastructure improvements (e.g. grouped Sentry error logging, Prometheus Alerting rules, Grafana visualizations, etc.)
What You Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent degree/experience
- Understanding of B2B, SaaS or client-facing, consumer products
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms & software design
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we primarily code in Java)
- Strong knowledge of common API paradigms such as REST, GraphQL, OAuth, JSON, etc.
- Experience with front-end web development is a plus (e.g. AJAX, templating, React, etc.)
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Openness to new technologies & creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical & business audiences
- Strong English written, verbal, & presentation skills
- Occasional travel as the business requires
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.