About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Weve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empowers senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, & strategic modeling, the Finance team delivers timely results & encourages open discussion & creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, & the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop & maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, & meet rapid deadlines.
What Youll Do:
- Build financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the companys cost base & revenue projections
- Present, analyze, & interpret relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Work on a variety of special projects that may include M&A, financings, new business initiatives, etc.
- Own budgeting process including annual review & analysis, assigning department specific budgets, & tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partner with key business areas to perform strategic analysis & modeling to help inform department specific spending & decisions
- Analyze competitor performance & market trends
- Write commentary that adds value & draws attention to key issues and/or perspectives
- Establish & report key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement & liaison with the various business departments
- Preparing & delivering daily, weekly & monthly management reports to key constituents
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- You have a bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- You have 3+ years of finance and/or strategic analysis experience
- You have entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication & interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- You are proficient in financial analysis & model building
- You have experience utilizing various valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow, P/E, EV/EBITDA, & SOTP analysis
- You have experience working in investment banking, M&A, FP&A, or corporate finance
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!