You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators & doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, & genomics.
If youre excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact & joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, & payers to advance genomic research & accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research & help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, & lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, & Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the worlds largest & fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nations largest COVID diagnostic labs & has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 & other viral strains.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Implement data warehousing solutions for clinical & public health data.
- Maintain data integrity & quality throughout the data lifecycle, including ensuring regulatory compliance (e.g., blinding) where appropriate.
- Author data models that are simple, functional, & support varied use cases.
- Collaboratively design & build data infrastructure & tools.
- Develop a strong domain understanding of genomics, infectious disease, & healthcare data at large.
- Mentor other engineers to reinforce a culture of learning & teaching.
- 4+ years experience in Go, Python, or a similar language
- Expertise architecting & building large data warehousing solutions on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Command of data modeling, data stores, & query optimization
- Deep understanding of data technology implementation & architectural tradeoffs
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Health data experience
- Experience building with AWS Redshift
- Experience using infrastructure as code tooling/frameworks (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Proficiency with serverless architectures
- BS+ in Computer Science; coursework in statistics, genetics, or bioinformatics