Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Technical Product manager Intern to join our 2021 summer internship.
The Oscar Engineering team is looking for a Technical Product Manager Intern who will help us build the fundamental infrastructure we use to change healthcare for the better. In this role you will help an infrastructure team solve impactful, important, & interesting problems of scale, reliability, & privacy. Youll own an improvement to one of our core systems from conception, through ideation, to development, & deployment. Youll be responsible for understanding the projects requirements, determining which features are feasible, identifying priorities, the timeframe for development, & validating the final product with end users.
- Process Development: Drive the design, coordination, & implementation of critical organizational processes.
- Roadmapping: Work with infrastructure teams to create project roadmaps that focus work on the highest priority objectives.
- Project Coordination: Obtain, communicate, & manage commitments needed to execute development efforts effectively across multiple teams.
- Client Relations: Develop a deep understanding of client needs, facilitate communication such that clients understand their relative priority & what they can expect from the infrastructure at Oscar.
Example projects include:
- Identity & Access Management help us grow an approach to IAM that is not only effective but highly maintainable, auditable, & convenient.
- Supporting efficient, secure, & respectful development Contribute heavily to our world-class application & compute infrastructure
- Make existing healthcare sustainable Finding creative new ways to optimize legacy healthcare infrastructure for the modern cloud computing era.
- And more!
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Organizational Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Communication experience working with software engineers, developers, and/or technical teams while in school or at a previous internship.
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Experience managing projects, deadlines, & handling prioritization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including relationship building & collaboration within a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Interest in Health Care tech
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.